Sharing your music on Twitter Spaces is truly the most humbling experience of all for web3 musicians and Space’s Hosts. All your talent, intricate arrangement, and the flawless mix are transported 50 years in the past at the quality of an FM radio on a remote destination. This guide prepared by my dear friend and fellow musician Rivers will help you stream high-quality music to Twitter spaces.
Everything you need is easy to find, and you probably have most of what’s already required. In fashion with my life as a guitarist, I’m proud to say a piece of guitar gear is what saves the day this time.
Streaming Your Computer To Twitter Spaces For iPhone
The Basics - What you need
If you’re into music production or streaming, you most likely own the major part of what’s needed to stream on Twitter Spaces. You need some cables, an audio interface, and a guitar iRig interface for the final touch.
All the gear needed is on this Image, and the links to find them are below.
- Amazon Basics 2-Male to 2-Male RCA Audio Stereo Subwoofer Cable - 8 Feet
- Philmore 6.35mm 1/4" Stereo Male to Dual RCA Female Y Audio Adapter Cable, 6", 44-215
- 3.5mm TRS to TRRS Microphone Cable, Ancable 1/8 Male to Male Coiled Right Angle Mic Cord Compatible iPhone, Smartphone, Tablets with Rode SC7, VideoMic, VideoMicro Go, BOYA and More External Mic
- Apple Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter
- UGREEN Headphone Splitter 3.5mm Audio Stereo Y Splitter Extension Cable Male to Female Dual Headphone Jack Adapter for Earphone Headset Compatible with iPhone Samsung Tablet Laptop White
- Hosa CPR-202 Dual 1/4" TS to Dual RCA Stereo Interconnect Cable, 2 Meters
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface Adaptor for iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad
- Focusrite Itrack Solo Lightning & USB Compatible Audio Interface
(or any other audio interface to connect to your computer)
- M-Audio M-Track Duo – USB Audio Interface for Recording, Streaming and Podcasting with Dual XLR, Line & DI Inputs, Plus a Software Suite Included, with 2 Mic
(Alternative to Focusrite Solo)
How To Setup Your Twitter Space Stream
Step 1 -Use the male-to-male RCA cables to connect to the line outputs of your audio interface.
If you have another Audio Interface, the only difference is the back of the interface. If it's like the M -Audio, you will need the DUAL TRS cable to RCA cable. Pictured above and shown as the second pic below.
Step 2 - Connect the other male end to the Philmore 6.35mm 1/4" Stereo Male to Dual RCA Female Y Audio Adapter Cable.
Step 3 - Connect the 1/4" stereo plug male pin to your iRig2
Step 4 - Connect your Apple Lightning to a 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter to the iRig2’s male audio pin.
Now for the “tricky part”
Step 5 - Insert the 3.5mm TRS to TRRS Microphone Cable, Ancable 1/8 Male to Male Coiled Right Angle Mic Cord to the iRig2 audio jack and connect to the other end of the Headphone Splitter 3.5mm Audio Stereo Y Splitter Extension Cable Male to Female Dual Headphone Jack Adapter for Earphone Headset as you see the image below.
Hook up one end to your headphones and the other to the audio interface, and you’re done! Now you can stream audio from your computer onto Twitter Space, Clubhouse etc.
Streaming Your Computer To Twitter Spaces For Android
If you use Android, you can use the Bluestack app on your computer. Please see this link for a tutorial on installing Bluestack on your computer.
Windows tutorial for Bluestack: https://youtu.be/J4Bo7MDCSs4
Troubleshooting issues or additional help needed?
Additional Resources for WEB3 Musicians
- Stream Your Music NFTS
If you want to play your music in Rivers NFT music radio show and introduce it to new listeners/collectors, DM @rivers_radio or share it in the ‘Working Musician Unite” Discord group #rivers-radio channel
- Web3 Music Network & Resources
We are a small but tight group of musicians that help each other grow on web3. All the resources & networks you need in one place.
- Some Helpful Friends
If you enjoyed the article and found it useful, the best way to support us is by sharing the article, giving us a follow on Twitter at @rivers_tez & @altin_guitar & if you are a music lover, having a listen to our Music NFTs.