This is my observation of what people are using juicebox for.
What is juicebox
Juicebox fundamentally is an out-of-box solution for communities to initiate token & manage treasury expenses.
Why people are using juicebox?
Group of people buy certain assets with shared ownership (Main use case)
Treasury management & DAO allow group of people to put their money together to fund certain topics, and get clear ownership based on the amount of money they put in.
- Constitution DAO: Raised $40m+ for purchasing constitution
- Spice DAO: Raised Ξ2,608 for purchasing The Dune Bible
- Shark DAO: Raised Ξ1,014 for collecting Nouns NFT
- MoutainDAO: Raised Ξ66 for buying a mountain in Virginia
- GCG Kingpin DAO
- Stolen Artifacts Go Home
However, there are so many other projects are having some similar use case, but not built on juicebox, Why?
- Links DAO
- They use different tiers of NFT instead of ERC-20 token as the way to raise fund and gate membership access
- Rally: ???
- CityDAO: ???
DAO expense management
It was a problem of lack of transparency of how the fund was released, including release salary to DAO contributors. Normally all treasury goes to a multi signature wallet, and the funds can be released by that wallet manually every month.
However, with juicebox, DAO can put funds into a treasury smart contract to manage all the expense.
Projects type is a combination of the fund raising &
- Moon DAO: Raised Ξ100 for send a people to space in 2022
- WAGMI Studios
- elfDAO: Raised Ξ12 to get gifts to kids in need
- Offer Bot: Raised Ξ10 to build and fund an Opensea offer bot to buy and sell blue chip NFTS.
Others that I’m not sure (WIP)
- Lexicon Devils